Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2)

Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2) - Just a heads up, Hallowed is a sequel so there are a few things in this review that might spoil you if you haven't read Unearthly yet. I haven't said too much though, but I'd skip to the end, and maybe only read the beginning of this review if you haven't read Unearthly yet. :) Also, I've tried to not reveal too much of what happens in Hallowed, so hopefully I won't spoil you for that one through this review. :P (Note: I'll hide the middle section just in case you haven't read Unearthly an don't want to be spoiled.)---------I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Unearthly, and it introduced me to one of the few love triangles where I really didn't want to make a decision between which guy I liked better. I know most people preferred Tucker, and while I loved Tuck, I also loved Christian. So, when I saw Hallowed on Netgalley, I requested it as fast as I possibly could, and once I started reading it...I didn't stop. Honestly, I didn't. I read Hallowed in one straight go, and it definitely isn't a short read, but it's so intense that I didn't want to put it down, nor did I want to stop...I just couldn't. I had to know what happened. So, I went to bed pretty late that....morning I guess you'd call it. I really should have started this one earlier in the day. :PNow that you know how addictive and un-put-downable this book is, I'll let you know a bit of my thoughts. Hallowed takes place a little while after Unearthly, it isn't immediately afterwards, and you get a bit of a recap of what's happened between the two books. Basically, Clara has ignored Christian, and spent as much time with Tuck as she could. She's also tried to ignore the fact that she's "failed" at her purpose, or at least that she thinks she has. After you get that little bit of information about what's been happening the book just takes off from there.Hallowed is full of action, and it is definitely dramatic, from the drama with the Black Wings, to family drama, to boy drama. Clara and her brother, Jeffrey, show some of their strengths, and we get to see Clara trying out even more awesome angel stuff...and we get to see more of Christian. *sigh* I know, not everyone likes him, but I do. I like his connection with Clara. I think he's funny, and he's actually so sweet, especially to Clara! I think he really shines in this book. :) I like Tucker, too, but I just don't know. For me, I don't see his relationship with Clara being able to last. Her life is so dangerous because of what she is, and she's already revealed way more than she should have to Tuck. Plus, I don't like when girls try to put their lives on hold for a guy, no matter how awesome he is. It just isn't right, and I really like that Wendy, Tucker's sister, understands that. :)I loved Unearthly, but I think I loved Hallowed even more. Although it had some really sad moments, I loved that Clara is learning more about what she is, where she came from, and I love seeing her interact with other part angels. This book is intense, and it will definitely keep you hooked from the first page until the very last one. And when you flip that last page you are going to be wishing so hard for the next book. I know I am, and I'm so excited for the next book because this series just keeps getting better and better! :DHave you read Unearthly yet?Are you excited for Hallowed?Dare I ask this...thoughts on Tucker and Christian? :P**I received an egalley on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**This review was originally posted on my blog, Burning Impossibly Bright.