City of Glass (Mortal Instruments)

City of Glass - Cassandra Clare I'm a huge Cassandra Clare fangirl, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When I first found the Mortal Instruments Trilogy (back then it was still a trilogy lol) I flew through it in no time. I fortunately found the series when all three were out, so I didn't have any wait time between books. Now that there are three more books in the series I couldn't be happier. As much as I dislike waiting for books to come out, I know it will be worth the wait. I'm so excited to read City of Fallen Angels. I can't wait to read about the familiar characters that I've grown to love, and I can't wait to meet new characters either. I'm also not ashamed to admit that I simply cannot wait to read more about Jace, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. ;)City of Glass was an amazing end to a wonderful trilogy, but while it was a great conclusion to the series, it was also done in a way that I honestly wasn't all that surprised when Cassandra Clare added three more books. I think some of it was left more open-ended because she had already planned to write a graphic novel for Simon after COG. That graphic novel fell through and now we have three more amazing books to look forward to. With City of Fallen Angels so close to release, I decided it was time for me to finally get my review for City of Glass written. So here it is. :DI loved City of Glass. It had action, romance, mystery, angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, fey...you name it, and City of Glass had it. There were so many moments in COG where I honestly had to put the book down for a second because it was so intense. I find it so easy to get completely absorbed in these books, and every time I read them I get to that state where I just can't put them down.The characters, the settings, absolutely everything about this series draws me in, and I just can't break free from it. I've reread this series countless times, and it never gets old. I may know what's going to happen, but there is always something new that I notice with every reading. It might be something small like a certain line or joke that I didn't understand before or it may be something huge that I'm like 'Wow! How did I miss that?!' but there's always something. I never get tired of reading this series, and I cannot wait to read even more about some of my favourite characters in the next three books! :DI don't want to go too much into detail with this review because this is the third book in the series, so I'm trying really hard not to spoil things. :P City of Glass was pretty action packed, and I loved the twists and turns, especially because once I'd read the book and I reread it, I could totally pick up on clues leading to those twists! I love it when authors set up their books in super subtle ways, and Cassandra Clare is majorly skilled at this. As always, I loved the characters in this one to bits. I loved that we got to see lots of Magnus, and I loved that we got POV's from Jace, Simon and Clary. I loved the jokes, and the blossoming friendships/relationships.One of my favourite parts of the Mortal Instruments is the way that Paradise Lost is interwoven in the story, from the quotes between different parts of the books, to quotes from the characters themselves. It is so well done, and I love that it even makes Paradise Lost more accessible. I had to read parts of it for my comparative lit class, and after reading this series, I honestly felt like I already knew huge chunks of it. I also love the whole Shadowhunter mythology too, and I love how we get to see even more of it in this book...and that's all I'm going to say about that. ;)Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments Series is, in my opinion (just making that clear :P), one of the best series in YA, it's got something for guys and girls alike, and if you haven't started this series yet...what are you waiting for?! If you like any kind of supernatural fiction at all, this series is definitely one that you need to check out, and since there are three more books coming, why not start it now? :)