Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art

Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art - Christopher Moore's books are always good for a laugh, and Sacrè Blue is no exception! It was hilarious, and I was pretty much laughing my butt off on every single page! Plus, "poopstick" is now my favourite insult, and it's just so fun to say! haha :PI don't know much about art to be honest, but I found Sacrè Bleu to be a thoroughly enjoyable read. It was funny, and it felt informative to me. It's obvious that Christopher Moore took creative liberty with the lives of the artists, and with all of the instances with The Colorman and Bleu, but I loved how they all fit together and how they honestly seem really realistic. It's easy to forget that painters and artists in history were people too, but after reading this, I doubt I'll forget again. While reading Sacrè Bleu it felt like I was getting to know these artists, and eventually I started to feel like I'd known them for years. :D I love when you read a book and the characters start to feel like old friends, and Mr.Moore is fantastic at doing that!The story itself was amazing! I really liked Lucien, and while he isn't an actual painter from history like the other painters, I still believed that he could have been one. I really liked him, he was a baker by day and a painter whenever he had the time. :D I also really enjoyed Henry Toulouse Lautrec. He cracked me up, and boy did he like going to the brothel! :P haha While he was a total poopstick and I didn't like him, The Colorman was still an awesome character. He was so ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who was cracking up over his penis jokes. Then there's Juliette, also known as Bleu and countless other aliases. She was such an interesting character! I loved the whole history between her and The Colorman, and it was incredibly intriguing trying to figure everything out. I also absolutely loved Bleu's sass, she was so fun and I have her to thank for my new favourite term, poopstick! :P lolOverall, I loved Sacre Bleu! I found it hilarious, and I recommend it if you're in need, or if you just want, a really good laugh. Some of the jokes are a bit crude, there are swear words, and it covers some pretty mature topics, so I'd recommend this for adults or even older teens if you're comfortable with all that. It didn't bother me, but I know that some people aren't a fan of all that, so I'm letting you all know. :)Are you a fan of Christopher Moore?If you've read any of his books, what did you think?And if you haven't, what are you waiting for?!***I received an egalley from Harper Collins and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. ***Review also posted on my blog and on my other social media accounts.