Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

Allegiant  - Veronica Roth I'm pretty sure that I have never felt more conflicted about a book than I feel about Allegiant. Even a week later, my feelings are still a mess, and I still can't quite figure out my feelings or tell you exactly how I felt about it.

I will say that I absolutely loved the first two books in this trilogy, and for the most part, I loved Allegiant, too...except for the end, if it could've ended another way I would have been so much happier. I don't think I will ever fully love Allegiant just because I'm still so crushed by the ending. Yes, I did understand Roth's reasons for heading in the direction that she did, and I did feel like it was true to the characters....but I still felt like it was completely unnecessary because the point that was being made was made without what actually happened happening...yes, I know that is completely convoluted and confusing, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Simply put, I felt that events right up until the moment I didn't like made the same point that the event did, that the actions and choices proved the point without something having to happen...all in all, I felt like my hope was raised and then crushed. Essentially, I felt betrayed as a reader, and I definitely didn't feel satisfied....although other parts of the book definitely satisfied me. :)

I'm a huge fan of this series as a whole, but I will say that this is one of those trilogies that really didn't end in a way that I was completely happy with. Allegiant was a lot like the first two books in the series for me...I couldn't put it down, I loved the characters, the action was intense, the chemistry and banter between Tobias and Tris was AMAZING, and the writing was fantastic and captivating. I still love Roth's writing and I am definitely looking forward to more of her work, but I do still feel betrayed by Allegiant, and I'm not sure if that feeling will ever go away. I'm just really sad that Roth chose to end such a fantastic trilogy the way that she did Maybe I'll try rereading the whole trilogy in a row...I'm heard that helps with the influx of conflicting emotions that is Allegiant.

While I wasn't completely happy with how Allegiant ended, I do still love the Divergent trilogy and I won't forget it any time soon! Also, the fact that I was conflicted over the ending will probably make it linger in my mind...and my heart even longer. I did really enjoy reading Allegiant, but that ending will forever keep me from loving it...I just can't. I do still recommend this trilogy though because Veronica Roth is a wonderful writer, her characters are fantastic, and it's one of the best dystopian trilogies that I've ever read...plus, some people really did love the ending of Allegiant...or maybe they're just less sensitive than I am. :P

I tried really hard to keep this review spoiler free, so please no spoilers in the comments...or if you do feel inclined to write something spoilerish, put "SPOILERS" before your comment. Or, you can email/message me! I'm definitely open to talking about this one...I NEED TO GET THE FEELINGS OUT!