Flat-Out Love

Flat-Out Love - Jessica Park I honestly don't even know where to start when it comes to describing Flat-Out Love because there are just so many things that I want say, and I don't want to spoil any of it for anyone. I definitely want to encourage as many people as possible to read Flat-Out Love though because it was an amazing story and I absolutely loved it! From the moment I started reading it, I was completely enthralled in the story, and I didn't want to stop reading. :)The characters were simply fabulous, quirky and fun. Julie, the main character, was smart and hilarious. She loves learning and has a need to fix people. Right from the beginning of the book we learn that Julie has been scammed and has no where to live when she moves to Boston for her first year of College. She ends up staying with the Watkins, Mrs.Watkins or Erin was a college friend of Julie's mother and so she ends up staying with them until she can find an apartment. The Watkins are an interesting family to say the least. We're first introduced to Matt, who is super smart and a little socially awkward. He has an affinity for "lame" shirts as Julie calls them, and seems to be attached to his computer. Celeste, just like her brother, is pretty socially awkward, and I absolutely loved the friendship and bond that developed between her and Julie. The quirkiest character has to be Flat Finn though, who is a cardboard cutout of the Watkin's oldest son, who Julie is told is away traveling. The family is full of quirks and Julie grows to love them as if they were her own family. However, no matter how much she cares for them, she can't help but notice that something isn't quite right in their family, and her path to discovering the truth creates a beautiful and remarkable story.Flat-Out Love made me laugh (continuously, I might add), it made me smile, and it made me cry. It also at times made me really want a cup of coffee...and I was a little sad that I've never had a Coolatta, but I'm happy with my Ice Caps from Tim Horton's so it's all good. ;) Jessica has created a story that will take its readers on a journey of love, growth, and loss. It was definitely one of my favourite books this year; the characters were amazing, and I loved the whole plot of the story, its progression was fantastic. This is one of those stories that once you start reading everything comes together and the truth falls into place and is revealed. The journey that you take as a reader to reach that part of the story is fabulous and each page will leave you wanting more!