Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices)

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare I loved Clockwork Angel, and I have been waiting anxiously for Clockwork Prince, so when an ARC of CP turned up in my mailbox, I literally screamed and jumped for joy....I also had a smile on my face for at least a day afterwards. I immediately dropped everything and started reading...and I didn't stop until I finished.Clockwork Prince is a remarkable story. It will hook you from the very first page, and will keep you in its thrall until its very last...it will also keep you guessing. I absolutely loved Clockwork Prince. As always, Cassandra Clare has delivered yet another beautiful (and addictive) piece of fiction. The characters draw you in even further into their story, and they will tear at your heartstrings. You may actually have to put the book down for a bit, just to compose yourself...I know I did.This book had me in tears. It had me laughing, and above all it put a smile on my face. As heartbreaking as Clockwork Prince is, I cannot deny how much this book drew me in. I loved that I got to learn more about Will, so so much. I love Will, and just like I did in Clockwork Angel, through CP, I just wanted to give the poor boy a hug. He's been through so much, and I promise you that even if you didn't like Will in Clockwork Angel, you will like him after Clockwork Prince...and that will tear you up inside.I may love Will, but I still like Jem, and I think it's fantastic that in Clockwork Prince you see a new side of him. A happier and more playful one. Cassandra Clare has mentioned that if CA was Will's book, CP is Jem's...well, I don't really think it is. I think Clockwork Prince showcases them both, and I think ultimately, that makes it more difficult for the reader, and for Tessa. Both boys are so remarkable...yes, Will, too! Seriously, read CP if you don't believe me. :P The fact that they are both incredible, and they are so close makes it hard for the reader, and Tessa...I'll let you read the book to see how all of that plays out...although, it definitely won't really be settled until Clockwork Princess, but the fact that they're both so amazing makes it heartbreaking. You love them both, or at the very least you love one and like the other, and either way you want them both to be happy...and for both boys to be happy something clearly has to change....okay, I'm stopping this train of thought now because I'm starting to tear up, and I really want to avoid spoiling anything.I've waited a while to post my review for Clockwork Prince, and it wasn't because I didn't like it, because I loved it...it was because I was so tormented after reading it. I'm still heartbroken over this book. I can't think of it without wanting to burst into tears, or at the very least, lapse into silence and think for a very long time. This book will linger in your mind long after you've read it, and it will have you wishing for Clockwork Princess like you have never wished for anything before.If you've already read Clockwork Angel, then I doubt I need to tell you to read this one, but if you haven't started this series yet, you seriously need to. The Infernal Devices is a fantastic series! It's addictive, it's fast-paced, it's steampunk, and it has unbelievably and inconceivably remarkable characters! Seriously, this book and this series have me gushing. If you ever decide to take my personal advice on a book or series to read...it should be this one. I can only say I'm serious so much in one review...but honestly, get started on this series. You will not be sorry! :)*I received an ARC from the publisher for an honest review. *This review was originally posted on my blog, Burning.x.Impossibly.x.Bright.