V is for Virgin

V is for Virgin - Kelly Oram V is for Virgin was not only hilarious, but was also a wonderful story about being true to yourself and your own beliefs. I loved that while some aspects of this book were taken rather lightly, Val still managed to voice her beliefs in a way that came off as being mature, yet not preachy...which is always a good thing!Along with the awesome message that came with V is for Virgin, it was also full of amazing characters!!! Val was fantastic! She was feisty, and always ready to stand up for herself...and Kyle! Oh, Kyle! I loved him. He was definitely a bit of a man-whore at times, but I have to admit that I loved when he started to pursue Val...even if for him it was mostly a game at first. :P I also really enjoyed his sense of humour, and I loved the chemistry between him and Val! :DThe story itself was wonderful. There was an awesome balance between light and fun moments, and the serious side of the story. I also loved the musical aspect, and I especially loved Val's strength. While I would've been totally embarrassed in some of the situations that Val was in, she managed to overcome any embarrassment and became the better for it. It's not often that you meet a character as wonderful as Val, and it's even more rare to meet one worth listening, too. Val is dedicated to staying a virgin until marriage, but her message is more than that. As I've already mentioned, it's about staying true to who you are and what you believe in. For Val that happens to be remaining a virgin until marriage, but it could be also describe anything for anyone person. Her message then becomes so versatile, and it allows each reader to understand why Val is standing up for what she believes in. :)Overall, I absolutely LOVED V is for Virgin! I thought that the message of being true to yourself was strong, and it was important to share. Too often, people aren't true to themselves and decide to change their views based on peer pressure rather than their actual beliefs, so Val's strength in sticking to her own beliefs was inspiring, and I think it's a message that more people need to see, young girls especially because Val's a great role model to them. :) I would recommend this one to anyone who enjoys young adult contemporaries, especially if you love awesome main characters and some sexy banter. ;)