Big Sky Mountain

Big Sky Mountain - Linda Lael Miller Up until reading the first book in this series, Big Sky Country, I'd never read a romance with cowboys, but I can definitely say after reading these two books, I am most definitely a fan. :)Linda Lael Miller has created some amazing characters, and I absolutely loved getting to see both sides of the story with the points of view alternating between the two main characters of the book. We met both Hutch and Kendra in the first book, Big Sky Country, but in Big Sky Mountain it's all about them. ;) I absolutely loved getting to see Slade and Joslyn again, and I definitely enjoyed reading Kendra and Hutch's story. :D I wasn't sure about Hutch in BSC, but in this one he totally won me over and had me repeatedly swooning. That boy really is a charmer! *sigh* :DI loved Hutch, and I loved Kendra too, but I definitely would've liked to get to know Hutch more during his parts of the story. I felt like I knew Kendra a lot by the end of the book, and I was totally crushing on Hutch, but his points of view weren't as in-depth as Kendra's were. I still really enjoyed this story, but I definitely could've had more Hutch. I feel like he's still more of a mystery than Slade was in his story, but maybe we'll get to know him even more in upcoming books. That being said, we do get to see a lot of him through Kendra, so maybe that was what the author preferred...it did make him pretty hard to resist seeing him interact with the people around Kendra. ;DOne of the best parts of this series is that the whole Linda Lael Miller has such vibrancy to it. You can picture all of this actually taking place, and it seems as if Parable and the whole area of Big Sky County are real places! It's like the characters are part of a real community, and I love that! :D It's a detail that might be overlooked, but I personally love how much the secondary characters and the ones you meet in passing create the community surrounding the main characters. :D I think that it helps you see what the characters are like, and picture it all going down. It also helps that I'm from a small town, where Rodeos do take place...so I can definitely picture it all! Come to think of it...since I'm in Alberta, I'm actually not all that far from Montana. ;) hahaOverall, I thought that Big Sky Mountain was a fantastic story. :) I loved the whole atmosphere of the story and the community within it's pages that makes up Parable, and most of all, I loved Hutch! :D I only wish I could have had more of him. ;) haha I'd recommend this book and the series to fans of cowboys, and to romance fans who enjoy the chase and that wonderful moment where the characters come together and get their happily ever after. :)