Static

Static - Tawny Stokes I thoroughly enjoyed reading Static. It's a fast-paced story, with an incredibly unique paranormal aspect going on. I don't want to spoil you all by telling you what paranormal being Static involves, but it's definitely a rarity in YA, and Tawny even includes a mythical figure in it...again, I won't mention who, but I'll give you a hint...in most version of his myth, he's pretty tight with King Arthur. ;)Salem was a fantastic main character, she was feisty, and had a personality that jumped right off of the page. I also totally sympathized with her obsession with Malice...I know I've been obsessed with a band or two, and I'm sure Salem and I aren't alone in that. I loved how even though she was changing, Salem didn't give up. She was scared, and she was confused, but once she had some guidance through Trevor, she knew what she was aiming for...although, she still had some moments where she freaked out, which I loved because it made her that much easier to relate to. Now, I've already mentioned Trevor, and you were probably like, "Trevor? Who's Trevor?" Well, Trevor is one of Malice's roadies, and he helps Salem through her transition...as he's been through it himself, he knows a little bit of what she's going through. :PThe plot of the book itself was awesome. I loved the whole music aspect, which was brief, but still stood out to me, and I especially loved the folklore that Tawny Stokes brought into the story as background to the type of paranormal being Malice was. The whole revenge aspect was also a win with me. I thought that the reason behind Trevor's desire for revenge was heartbreaking, and it fit incredibly well with the story, and I thought that Tawny did a great job exploring Trevor past, even though it was brief, I still felt like he was a well-developed character. The one aspect that I wasn't the biggest fan of was how the ending of the book progressed. There was a tonne of build up, but then when the big finale arrived, it was a bit rushed. I felt that it could have been played out for a little longer. Other than the ending being a bit rushed, I thought that it was fantastic. :)Static is a story charged with live wire characters full of attitude. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal and is looking for something a little different, and also to anyone who loves characters with spunk. Plus, if you like a good revenge plot, you'll love this! *This review was originally published on my blog, Burning.x.Impossibly.x.Bright.*I was provided with a review copy of Static for an honest review and to participate in its Bewitching Book Tour.