Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)

Six Moon Summer - S.M. Reine I loved Six Moon Summer! Now, I know I haven't read all of the werewolf books out there...there are tonnes, but I out of all the ones that I have read, I felt that Six Moon Summer was incredibly unique.Also, I thought that the title was absolutely perfect for this book, seriously PERFECT! See, in Six Moon Summer, it takes a person who is transitioning into becoming a werewolf six moons to complete the entire transformation. The six moons refers to 3 full moons, and 3 new moons, so in all it equals around 3 months. I've never read a werewolf story where the transition is in this kind of process, so I thought it was fantastic and incredibly unique. :DNow the characters. I really liked the main character Rylie. First, she has a sweet name! I have an irregular spelled name, so I won't lie, I love it when characters have names that are spelled differently too, it automatically makes me like them a little bit more...not enough to bias me, but enough for me to want to give them a high five or a solid fist bump. Second, she was kind of a brat at the beginning, but I kind of felt like it was justified. She was pretty much exiled to camp so that her parents could complete all of their divorce dealings, and once she gets to camp, everybody treats her like crap and hates her. I honestly couldn't blame her for wanting to stay in her cabin and never talk to the other girls. Eventually, after she's been bitten Rylie's attitude changes quite a bit, could be from the transformation, or it could just be her growing up, either way, by the end of the book I thought she was an admirable character and I really liked her. :)Seth...oh that mysterious sexy Seth. Did I mention mysterious, well he was, very. To keep Seth mysterious...and thus sexy, for everyone, I'm only going to stick to the basics with him. I absolutely loved him. He was kind of sketchy at times, but I couldn't help being drawn to him...probably because Rylie couldn't either. :PThe story itself was awesome! It totally made me remember the one time I went to camp...we even had a dance too. I loved that it was a realistic story even though becoming a werewolf might not be that believable if it really happened. I didn't know that there was going to be a sequel until I went onto Goodreads and saw it on there, and boy was I relieved. Six Moon Summer definitely ends on a cliffhanger, and it's one that will surely have you anxious for more! :D I would recommend Six Moon Summer to all paranormal fans, especially ones partial to werewolves, and I'd also recommend it to someone who wants to read a paranormal but doesn't know where to start. This would be a fantastic book to read if you've never read anything paranormal before, and it's good for those of us who read it up like crazy too. ;)